Free-Motion Echo Quilting Foot
Compatibility: J L (except expression 150,3.5, 3.2, 3.0, 2.0) WHAT MINE
The Free-motion Echo Quilting foot is designed to give you more control when free-motion quilting. The large base ensures good surface contact with the fabric and provides better control of the stitching. The transparent base allows for 360° visibility. Vertical, horizontal and circular markings on the foot make it easy to follow a continuous line quilting pattern or
- Disengage the IDT™ system.
- Loosen the presser foot ankle screw completely and remove the ankle.
- Fit the Free-motion Echo Quilting foot around the presser bar; attach it with the screwincluded in the package.
- Thread your machine.
- Select a straight stitch.
- Set your PFAFF® sewing machine to Sensormatic free-motion mode. The feed dogs will drop automatically.
Note: When the feed dogs are dropped, the fabric is no longer fed by the machine.You must move the fabric.
- Bring the bobbin thread to the top by taking one stitch. Hold on to both threads and sew afew stitches in place to begin.
- Maintain a consistent speed and move the fabric in a smooth motion. You are creating the length of the stitch as you move the fabric.
- Stitch around the quilting motif, appliqué or pattern on the fabric, maintaining a uniform distance to outline the shape.
- Stitch a second row, maintaining a uniform distance from the first row. Use the red markings on the foot as a guide to keep your spacing even. (illustr.1)
- Repeat as many times as you want to create the desired effect.
Note: When sewing in Sensormatic free-motion mode at a low speed the presser foot will
raise and lower with each stitch to hold the fabric on the stitch plate while the stitch is being
performed. At a higher speed, the presser foot floats over the fabric while sewing