If it’s in your mind, it’s now in your hands.Our reimagined DESIGNER EPIC™ sewing and embroidery machine tailors the sewing experience around your wants and needs through a Tablet-like screen, WiFi, 120 Step-by-step animated and illustrated tutorials, and much, much more. The result is a brand new sewing experience where your own creative exploration can come to life in special ways.
JoyOS Advisor™ Feature
Select fabric type and get a wide selection of available sewing techniques, from basic to detailed sewing. JoyOS Advisor™ feature will instantly set the best stitch, stitch width, stitch length, thread tension /portioning and presser foot pressure for the technique you’ve chosen. Animations and illustrations will also assist you and provide expert advice right on the screen.
mySewnet™ services cloud allows easy access to embroideries from multiple devices, including your computer, tablet or DESIGNER EPIC™ machine. They will always be synchronized and available whenever you need them via WiFi. The free App - mySewMonitor - provides you with real time updates on the status of your embroidery even when you’re away from your DESIGNER EPIC™.
Market's largest display with capacitive touch, 10.1”. Easy to navigate through various screens using multi-touch
gestures. First and only brand with interactive tablet-like screen. Drag and drop on screen, zoom, rotate, pinch, swipe and spread, just like on any tablet or smartphone.
Large Working Area
Our largest embroidery area ever! Even more generous sewing area!. There are no limits to your larger than life projects, quilts
home dec projects or fashion. Embroider up to 360x260mm, non turnable*. Largest sewing area, more than 12” x 5 1/2” (310x140mm) work area.
*With the optional DESIGNER™ Majestic Hoop you can create and embroider designs up to 360x350mm without re-hooping.
New Thread Path
The new thread paths with telescopic thread guides allow you to use all of your favorite threads, even if they are on larger spools. Bobbin winding is more convenient then ever.
• 651 designs included
• 8 multi-size embroidery fonts
• Design appliqué
• Design shaping
• Design positioning
• Selective/Automatic Thread Cutter with Automatic Jump Stitch Trim
• Embroidery customize on screen
• Color block sort - eliminate color changes with a touch
• Color block merge – eliminate color stops in large or combined designs
• Grouping of designs – create a group of selected designs on screen for editing
• Smart save – remembers your edits and placement in embroidery edit and embroidery stitch-out
• Possibility to embroider buttonholes in the hoop
• Undo/redo when creating design combinations
• Change design stitch out order
• Tapering in embroidery mode
• Sew decorative stitches in the hoop
• Design-select – select one or many embroideries for editing
• Touch & Hold for easy handling of designs, files and more
• Select designs from thumbnail pictures
• Go to exact embroidery stitch number
• Load and view multi-format designs
• Add grid to screen for placement
• Cursor mark on-screen while embroidering
• Color edit: change design colors, change background color, select monochrome
• Rotate designs: one degree increments
• Baste in hoop, 2 options
• Scale design
• Step though embroidery by color and stitch-by-stitch
• Check size and placement before embroidering
• My Hoops - select hoops you own
• Embroidery unit soft bag included
• Free QuickFont and Embroidery software to download
• mySewnet™ Cloud storage of designs
• Saving designs to USB Embroidery stick
• Included: DESIGNER™ Imperial Hoop 14¼"x10¼" (360x260mm)
• Included: DESIGNER™ Crown Hoop 10¼"x8" (260x200mm)
• Included: DESIGNER™ Splendid Square Hoop 4¾"x4¾" (120x1200mm)
• Optional: DESIGNER™ Majestic Hoop 14¼"x13¾" (360x350mm) and more than 16 additional hoops
• 807 built-in stitches
• 1294 stitches (including letters, characters etc.)
• Interchangeable dual feed included
• Electronic piercing power, pulsating needle force 150Nw
• Straight stitch plate with sensor
• Stitch width, 7mm
• Side-motion sewing, with stitches up to 54mm
• Taper stitch – choose from 18 different angles
• Directional sewing – 4-way and 8-way
• Possible to sew with embroidery unit attached
• Permanent memories: mySewnet™ Cloud
• Smart save of all sewing settings
• Stitch pattern Re-Start
• 8 Programmable sewing fonts
• 16 Perfectly balanced buttonholes (PBB) with Sensor one-step buttonhole foot
• Stitches on screen, starting point of stitch indicated on screen
• Twin needle setting, the look of the stitch is shown in screen
• 2 Free motion modes: free motion floating and free motion spring action
• Stitch Positioning
• Adjust Stitch; length, width, mirror image side-to-side and end-to-end
• Twin needle and stitch width safety
• Sew with or without foot control
• Light indicates Needle Stop Up/Down
• Fix Tie-Off Function
• Instant and Permanent Reverse
• Stop Function
• Snap on presser feet
• 29 Needle positions
Even More Features
• Illuminated thread area
• Soft textile cover
• Embroidery unit textile bag
• Two USB ports for Embroidery stick
• Automatic Updates through WiFi or Update via USB Embroidery stick
• Quick wind bobbin – separate motor to wind bobbin while sewing or embroidering
• 5 speed settings
• Automatic feed teeth drop
• Double-sided slide-on accessory tray with smart storage solutions
• Top and bobbin thread sensor
• Multiple languages
• Extended dual stitch plate: guidelines up to 65mm on both sides of the needle
• Automatic bobbin thread pick-up
• Jam-proof Rotary Hook
• Permanently lubricated
• Designed and Engineered in Sweden
Step-by-step tutorials built-in
The JoyOS Advisor™ feature is an extended SEWING ADVISOR® with on-screen tutorials, sewing projects, step-by-step instructions and sewing techniques. Select fabric type and get a wide selection of available
sewing techniques, from basic to detailed sewing. JoyOS Advisor™ will instantly set the best stitch, stitch width, stitch length, thread tension /portioning and presser foot pressure for the technique you’ve chosen. Animations and illustrations will also assist you and provide expert advice right on the screen.
- INTERACTIVE TUTORIALS – Learn how to sew different techniques like zippers, collars, hems etc. TheDESIGNER EPIC™ machine guides you all the way and sets everything for you.
- STITCH AND EMBROIDERY TECHNIQUES – All the exclusive HUSQVARNA VIKING® techniques are shown with step by step instructions, including animations and/or illustrations.
- SEWING INSTRUCTIONS – Want to know how to sew a pillow? The Designer Epic has all the instructions needed built-in.
- STEP-BY-STEP WORKBOOK – Learn the amazing features of the DESIGNER EPIC™ sewing and embroidery machine, like Design Positioning, Design Shaping and more.
- STABILIZER GUIDE – The perfect help when choosing the right stabilizer for your project.
- QUICK HELP – Touch any stitch, icon or function to see its name and description.
- THE COMPLETE USER’S GUIDE is right there in your machine, everything you want to know on screen.
The JoyOS Advisor™ feature is built-in on the DESIGNER EPIC™ sewing and embroidery machine.
Swipe, zoom, pinch, duplicate, and more on the tablet-like screen
The tablet-like screen allows you to experiment and customize your designs however you like, you like for projects that are uniquely yours.
A WiFi connected machine means creativity anywhere
The DESIGNER EPIC™ sewing and embroidery machine has smart WiFi functions like cloud storage, real-time app notifications, and automatic software updates.
The most advanced embroidery
Endless opportunities to be creative with over 650 embroidery designs, incorporating 30 specialty
- Categorized for easy selection; Signature designs, Golden collection, Children, Theme, Quilt, Frame and Border, Fantasy, Holiday, Lace, Kitchen and Home, Heart and Butterflies, Flower garden and Small.
- 7 embroidery fonts, each in different sizes, from 10 to 80mm.
The High embroidery speed, is the perfect time-saver for every embroidery.
- Up to 1000 stitches per minute with optimum results.
Hoop and re-hoop with confidence with the Design positioning feature. Place and match your embroideries with this superior placement feature.
mySewnet™ Cloud gives you access to your designs from anywhere.
Personalize your embroideries easily on the tablet-like screen.
- Add multiple designs
- Rotate, mirror, scale, move
- Color edit
- Group and ungroup designs
- Change stitch out order
- Color block sort
- Color block merge
These and a lot more embroidery features on the DESIGNER EPIC™ sewing and embroidery machine.
Made with the quilter in mind
The DESIGNER EPIC™ machine is the largest, brightest, yet lightest machine. And it features the most space to work, the best viewing angles, and more for quilting enthusiasts.
- Largest sewing area, more than 12” x 5 1/2” (310x140mm) work area.*
- New design of the sewing head for better visibility when sewing.
- Needle area height increased to 3” (77mm) for easier access when changing presser foot or needle.
- Lightweight, with one-piece aluminum casting.
- Especially developed lighting, designed to give exceptional even light across the entire work area.
No matter what type of fabric, it has never been easier to keep your fabrics in place with the Interchangeable dual feed included with the machine
- The Interchangeable Dual Feed with changeable presser feet is designed to feed layers of fabric and/or batting evenly.
- It is perfect for quilting, sewing velvet, stretch fabrics, leather and fabrics that need precise pattern matching.
Choose the free-motion setting that is most convenient for you with the two options available
- Free-motion spring action
- Free-motion floating
* Compared to Brother Innovis Dream Machine, Babylock Destiny, Janome Horizon MC, and Bernina 830/880.
Sew as big as you can dream with the DESIGNER EPIC™ sewing machine.
It's thoughtfully created for you
At HUSQVARNA VIKING® we share your passion for sewing and embroidery. That’s why we thought through every detail – big and small – in our elegantly designed HUSQVARNA VIKING® DESIGNER EPIC™ sewing and embroidery machine.
Keep all the included accessories close at hand in the smart accessory storage.
- Store your presser feet in alphabetical order
- Straight stitch plate clicks into place
- Slot for Sensor buttonhole foot
A included multi-purpose tool for easy change of stitch plate, presser feet ancle and more.
Fully automatic needle threader. With one touch of a button your needle is threaded and ready to sew.
Two USB ports allow for smooth transfer of Designs and Updates.
- For your convenience, the DESIGNER EPIC™ machine also reads the most popular design formats.
- Can also be used for software updates.
With the soft cover you gets dust free storage for your machine
- Pocket for manuals
- Magnetic closure
Telescopic thread guide and possibility to use very large spools. And separate paths for thread and bobbin winding so that you can sew and wind at the same time.
Convenient measuring with the Inch/cm ruler on the base plate
- Ruler up to 19” (48.5cm)
- Button ruler
- All included accessories stored in a zip lock bag
- For easy access and storage
The DESIGNER EPIC™ sewing and embroidery machine - thoughtfully made for you!
The New DESIGNER EPIC™ – a First of Its Kind
At HUSQVARNA VIKING® , we’re only a sewing company…Our sole focus is to put the joy of sewing and unlimited creativity into the enthusiast sewer’s hands.
Expert level results regardless of fabric
You're unique and you like to express your style... but that requires a machine that's up to the task. With our patented deLuxe™ Stitch System, the unique EXCLUSIVE SENSOR SYSTEM™ and the new exclusive JoyOS Advisor™ feature, the new DESIGNER EPIC™ sewing and embroidery machine automatically sets everything for you regardless of how challenging the fabric, stitch, or technique is.
A smart machine with automatic push notifications
mySewnet™ Cloud allows easy access to embroideries from multiple devices, including your computer, tablet
or DESIGNER EPIC™ machine. They will always be synchronized and available whenever you need them via WiFi.
The free App - mySewMonitor- provides you with real time updates on the status of your embroidery even when you’re away from your DESIGNER EPIC™. The mySewMonitor App available for both Android and iOS.
The Wifi also gives you automatic software updats via Wifi - convenient and always up-to-date. All this and a lot more on the DESIGNER EPIC™ sewing and embroidery machine.
Sew as big as you dream
The Biggest, Lightest, and Brightest
The new HUSQVARNA VIKING® DESIGNER EPIC™ sewing and embroidery machine is the largest yet lightest top-of-the-line machine. With over 12.2 inches from needle to arm and 5.5 inches of height!
And with the most evenly distributed bright LED lights plus enhanced viewing angles, you'll be able to create anything your heart desires day or night...with ease!
Access designs anywhere
Create, store and access your designs from anywhere – with the DESIGNER EPIC™ Sewing & Embroidery machine’s new built-in storage, mySewnet™ cloud
First Tablet-Like Screen
With HUSQVARNA VIKING® New DESIGNER EPIC™ sewing and embroidery machine, you’ll have the first and only interactive tablet-like screen so that you can swipe, pinch, zoom, rotate, or multiply designs easily…
Get guidance every step of the way!
Let the 120 animated, illustrated and step-by-step tutorials guide you through any project.
With our DESIGNER EPIC™ sewing and embroidery machine’s new JoyOS Advisor™ feature you’ll have the only machine with 143 years of experience right in the machine. With more than 120 animated and illustrated step-by-step tutorial it’s like having sewing classes right in your machine.
Made for Sewers, by Sewers™
We know you love to sew...
That's why we thought through even the smallest details in our new DESIGNER EPIC™ sewing and embroidery machine.
In combination with the only tablet-like touch screen, the JoyOS advisor™ with unique step-by-step tutorials, the most space, perfect work light, and much more, the DESIGNER EPIC™ machine reimagines the sewing and embroidery experience for all sewers, quilters, crafters, and hobbyists.
DESIGNER™ Imperial Hoop (360x260)
DESIGNER™ Crown Hoop (260x200)
DESIGNER™ Splendid Square Hoop (120x120)
Utility Foot A, Decorative Stitch Foot B, Buttonhole Foot C, Blindhem Foot D, Zipper Foot E, Non-Stick Glide Foot H, Edging Foot J, Quilter’s 1/4” Piecing foot P, Sensor Q-foot, Embroidery/Darning Foot R, Side Motion Foot S, Sensor One-Step Buttonhole Foot, Self-Adhesive Glide Plates, Interchangeable Dual Feed
Complimentary Software (PC) to download, Soft cover for machine, Luggage style carrying bag with packing insert for embroidery unit, Foot control, Power cord, Needles, DESIGNER EPIC™ Sampler Book, Thread net (4), Universal tool, Seam ripper, Brush, Edge/Quilting guides, Bobbins (9), Thread cone holder (2), Hoop clips (16), Spool cap, small (2), Spool cap, medium (2), Spool cap, large (2), Large spool holder (2), Multipurpose tool/Button reed, Straight Stitch Plate.